A Prayer Community of the Celtic Rite Old Catholic Church
Members of the Celtic Carmelites can be found in various locations throughout the United States. God willing, we will have Sisters, and Brothers throughout the world.
Some members of our community prefer to live solitary lives in keeping with the original hermits of Mount Carmel, while others are involved in local ministries.
Because we neither solicit or accept financial contributions (serving God and His people is our joy), most of us have secular employment in addition to our commitment to pray for you and each other, as well as conducting our individual ministries.
This page serves to connect you with a Celtic Carmelite in your area and to describe their field of ministry.
Camarillo/Ventura County, CA:
Joe Schooler, O.C. Carm.
AREAS OF MINISTRY:
- Bible Studies,
- Celtic Christianity Studies
- Sacramental Ministry to the sick and home-bound,
- Senior Citizen ministry,
- Evangelism and Apologetics
- Speaking engagements
- Officiating at Weddings and Funerals
BROTHER ELISHA, O.C. Carm.
AREAS OF MINISTRY:
- Solitude and contemplation in the tradition of the first Carmelite Hermits
- Prayer of the Heart in the tradition of the Desert Fathers and Mothers.
- Pilgrimage to "thin places" in the tradition of the Celtic Monks.
- Prayer for those with special needs.
- As Jesus was homeless, daily prayer for those who are the least among us, without shelter and care.
- In the spirit of Carmel at Dachau, daily prayer for those who suffer persecution and exile, and for all whose innocent spirit has been violated and damaged.
- Pastoral care.
- Advocacy for the environment and social justice.
"If by a simple, loving gaze we remain ever united to him... he will be able to consume us and we shall be lost in the immense fire (of love)." - Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity